20 Wedding Day Hacks
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try out a few tricks to help make the day go a little smoother! Grab a notepad and take down these hacks to help you out on your big day:
1. Use baby wipes to remove deodorant marks or other stains on your attire.
2. Pour white wine on a red wine stain to help remove it.
3. Spritz hairspray (sparingly) on your veil to keep it from sticking to your face and/or wedding gown.
4. Hide a tissue or handkerchief in your bouquet wrap to have on hand for happy tears.
5. Ask your caterer to pack a to-go bag you can take at the end of the reception (so you and your spouse don’t leave feeling hungry!).
6. Print out two address labels per guest/couple you invite. Use one set of labels for the invitations and save the other for thank you notes after you receive gifts.
7. Use duct tape as a blotter to remove dirt from your wedding gown if it gets soiled during photos.
8. Use a fresh flower or two (borrow them from your centerpieces) to hide accidental finger marks or scrapes on your wedding cake.
9. Sprinkle unscented talcum powder in your shoes (especially high heels) to keep your feet fresh throughout the day.
10. Number the back of your RSVP cards before sending them out. Keep a corresponding list with the number for each guest you invite. If an RSVP card is returned without a name (or the handwriting is too difficult to read) you’ll know who it’s from.
11. Having an outdoor wedding? Spray bug repellent on your reception table and chair legs to keep pests away.
12. To pin a boutonniere, start from the back of the jacket lapel and insert the pin vertically into the head of the flower to keep it from becoming top heavy.
13. Use loose face powder as a substitute for dry shampoo if you’re in a pinch.
14. Hairspray can double as static cling for long bridesmaid dresses.
15. Chill champagne quickly by filling a bucket with enough ice and water for the bottle to slush around (instead of filling it completely with ice). The cold water will chill the bottle faster than ice alone in about 5 minutes.
16. Extend the burn time of votive candles or tea lights by freezing them the night before.
17. Ask your florist if he or she would be willing to return at the end of the reception. Have them wrap up the flowers from your centerpieces/decor using butcher paper (farmer’s market style!) and give the bouquets to guests as they leave.
18. Votive candles can be used to light sparklers quickly for a send-off at the end of the night (instead of using standard lighters).
19. Dryer sheets can help keep bees and bugs away at outdoor weddings. Tuck them into your dress or suit, or even hide them in your centerpieces.
20. Ask members of the wedding party to take a low-dose allergy pill on the wedding day as a precaution. You never know when there could be an unexpected reaction to makeup, pollen or food.
The post 20 Wedding Day Hacks appeared first on New Jersey & New York’s Wedding DJ NJ NY | Find the Best Wedding DJ in NJ & NY at Mystical Entertainment.